Recently James List took a survey of top aircraft manufacturers, brokerage firms and charter executives to find out what sort of things customers are looking for when purchasing a jet.
Considering most business travelers desire long range, mid/heavy jets that increase flight time productivity, they compared the top performers in the space to determine the top 5 jets for business travelers.
#5 – Embraer Lineage 1000E
- 5 separate cabin zones and 100s of layouts to choose
- built-in phone, fax and printer
- master suite with queen sized bed and hot shower
- wireless internet throughout cabin
- “perfect step up from smaller jets with shorter range”
#4 – Dassault Falcon 5X
Making its debut at the NBAA conference in Las Vegas, the Falcon 5x is the largest, most advanced jet released by Dassault, a company known more for its’ jet fighters.
“I’ve sold people Falcons who thought they were Gulfstream buyers” – Alexander Janus, VP Global Jet Sales
- largest cabin height in industry
- 8 passenger seating
- Can fly from Los Angeles to London nonstop
- Designed to give smoothest ride and softest landings possible
#3 – Bombardier Global 8000
Long time executive aviation manufacturer Bombardier touts they’ve taken everything good about Learjets, Challengers and other Globals worked it into the Global 8000
- range of 7,900nm
- 18 passenger seating
- dedicated office
- every seat in cabin is berthable
“The Global 8000 is ideal for companies with small teams who require a mobile office on the go.” – James List
#2 – Gulfstream G650
The newest jet from the Gulfstream lineup, the Gulfstream G650 is “the American Muscle Car of Jets”, built for speed, endurance and sustainability.
“No other jet can fly farther or faster than the G650″ – Steve Cass, VP Gulfstream
- 18 passenger seating
- Top speed of Mach 0.85 (562mph)
- can connect Shanghai to New York without having to stop in-between.
- mooth takeoff and landings on shorter field lengths.
#1 – Boeing Business Jet
“When you talk about spending more than 12 hours on an airplane, the experience that the customer gets on a BBJ is remarkably different than on a traditional business jet” – Captain Steve Taylor, President Boeing Business Jets
When it comes to executives wanting to travel across the planet in comfort, nothing beats the Boeing Business Jet.
Every BBJ on the market has a dedicated bedroom, dining room, galley and capable of providing an exceptional level of comfort to over 60 passengers and includes separate staff compartments.
BBJs are ideal for flying an entourage or large support team. Clients may customize their planes to garage their vehicles, contain separate living quarters or host a disco club.
Taking home a fully outfitted BBJ costs around $80m.